Sunday, November 14, 2010

Letters Of Remembrance.

World War I
November 9, 1917.



Dear Alexander,
     I felt I must write to tell you how much I miss you. I miss your smile, your warm hugs, and the feeling of being around you. I miss it when you use to hold me tight at night. Where you at right now? I haven't heard from you in a while.



Here back home, it's dull. Dull as pennies from the ancient Greece. Every night, I call you down for dinner to here nothing but my heart beats, and it's gone as the sound of my tears drip on the table. And I soak the table as I imagine you getting soaked in these terrible trenches. I go insane as I think what I would do if you're gone! But I will be fortunate that you gave away your life for the country's freedom. I feel the gloominess running through my blood as the war goes on and on and feels that it has no ending.


Don't worry about me, Riley and Zach back home. We're all fine. However, we miss you! Riley's grade 6 graduation is soon and she's always asking me if you're going to be there. I can't help but conceal my tears and say "lets hope he'll be back home by then". Write back soon.

Your dearest wife,
Jacqueline.


P.S I love you.

1 comment: