Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Mystery History Maker

This Friday, November 5th we are going on a field trip to the Museum of Civilizations in Quebec. In order to prepare for the field trip were asked to do this assignment about a "Mystery History Maker", (try it, its super fun!).



My Mystery History Maker is James Naismith! (Click on the name James Naismith for more information).

I was able to identify my mystery history maker from the sound effects of a basketball dribbling before the picture was revealed! 

I was really happy to see that my history maker match was with James Naismith. There are a bunch of things in common between me and him. First of all, the most common thing that caught my attention was believe in building character through sports. I really believe in that too! For example, before I started playing basketball I thought I was the worst one on the team. However, eventually, I started to build up this character of the "confident" basketball player.


Second of all, playing a lot of sports. I am a very active person too! I play basketball, soccer, handball, and kickboxing. I used to play Karate too. Third of all, we both have two brothers. I have two wonderful but crazy brothers that drive me nuts all the time!



One more thing that caught my attention is that one of the reasons why he made it up was to keep his students from being bored. We thought back then that all the students did was study and never had time to do fun stuff like we do in our days now.  Overall, I found out that even back then, teachers were using their creativity to invent things that prevented boredom during education and tried their best to make it fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment