Saturday, October 2, 2010

A night of falling rain.

     They fall like rain, clamp like chains, stab with pain, yes some friends. Trust or honesty can't defend. Hate is a virus that has been spread. Red is on the traffic light, no hearts are white, gray? Maybe. Black? Maybe. Let’s go back when mothers said don't cry baby.
Pause is pressed, rewind is pressed, confused whether I am in bad luck or I am just blessed. I stepped forward, no one respected, no one smiled, no one cared, and I was unexpected to be protected with my unbreakable wings.
 I gave my treasure to all the kings; I took only one thing... A white heart that was a pleasure. They're seen on TV but in reality this is what we see, kids watch cartoon, women visit saloons, men play cod even in the middle of June.
They’re all defined as friends but the only difference is no enough confidence has been built in, there's only one definition: trust was given, love was given but my losers have failed the mission.
 There’s only one condition. Want to win my heart? You don’t have to be perfect like a piece of art, I hated everyone who wanted me for what am I, love me for who am I.
Never stand against my black eyes. They’re daring but there related to a white heart, and a tongue that says words like apple pie. Understanding, feeling for others, with every act love is expanding. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Haneen,

    Did you write this poem? There are a lot of interesting ideas in it!

    Remember, it's easier for a person to read a poem when you clearly split it into lines. I hope you will perform this aloud sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,i did. Thank you. Ok, i will next time. Sure, maybe Monday if we have time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haneen,

    Can you also post your amazing Empathy rap?

    ReplyDelete