Monday, October 25, 2010

World Of Work!




 This is an assignment our teacher assigned us, it's about our trip to the World of Work this Wednesday!


Here is  a link for more Info!


1. Do some research on these sectors.
Construction Sector, Design & Manufacturing Sector, Service Sector, Information & Technology Sector and Transportation Sector.



2. Which sector appeals to you the most?


      I am still young, and I am still unsure about what I want my future to look like.
I am the type of person that likes to try a large variety of new things. However, I think the the most sector that appeals to me to me the most is the Service Sector.
In the Service sector, the job I would most likely pick is Child and Youth Worker.
I really enjoy working with kids and and especially youth when I grow up for many reasons.
First of all, us youth are very important these days. We are the on developing this world in our talents and creativity. (This is one reason we are the doing the assignment on our talents and creativity)! I would also love to help them  develop their self esteem, and to be proud of themselves no matter what.




3. List at least three specific jobs for each sector (5 sectors x 3 jobs each = 15 jobs listed)

Construction Sector:
  • Carpentry

  • Automation & Control

  • Landscape Gardening





  • Information and Technology Sector:

    • Electronics
    • Graphic Design
    • Web Site Development


     Design & Manufacturing Sector:

    • CNC Machining
    • Industrial Mechanics Millwright
    • Robotics

    Service Sector

    • Baking
    • Cooking
    • Youth and Child Worker

    Transportation Sector

    • Aircraft Maintenance
    • Auto body Repair
    • Automotive Service




    4. What do you hope to learn more about on our field trip? Write at least 4 questions you have.

    I would like to know more about the different jobs out there, and how are the related to our school work?
     I hope it will give a hint of what I might want to be in the future other than the ones I have on my mind. For example, lawyer, animal genetic engineering, and a poet. (A poet sounds more of a hobby)

    Questions

    - Is it possible that of the sectors is  related to one another?
    - In each sector, is there a main job that the other jobs branch off from?

     
    5. What pathway do you plan on taking after high school? College? The world of work/trades? University? Why? What do you specifically want to do as a career (or careers!)?


    After high school, my pathway is definitely University! I am looking forward to get a high degree as a surgeon or a lawyer or any other thing I might be interested in as I grow up. I might go to College later on to develop my terrible writing, since I am really into poetry!





    7. Link back to the sites where you found your information at the bottom of your post under the heading: References

    References:
    -Google! (for images)





    Have a fabulous trip everyone!


     
    .

    1 comment:

    1. Hi Haneen,

      Good start here, it would be even better if you phrase your answers by including the question, so your readers know what you're writing about.

      Miss P

      ReplyDelete